What is Lippincott’s Online Learning Center?
Lippincott’s Online Learning Center is a web-based education platform that delivers a library of online, evidence-based, interactive programs, called Lippincott Professional Development Collection, to healthcare organizations. Since the platform is web-based it allows any browser with the appropriate log-in information to gain access to the courses and programs. Lippincott's Professional Development Programs can also be integrated with some of our customers' learning management systems.
What are the primary benefits of Lippincott Professional Development Collection?
The programs help optimize nursing performance, increase clinical knowledge, promote staff competence, and improve patient outcomes. Program content advances nurses’ clinical and professional knowledge and skills, to help them understand current issues such as quality improvement, patient safety, patient privacy, and professional and ethical issues, as well as the newest clinical changes and advancements related to patient care.
What are the advantages of Lippincott Professional Development Collection over similar programs?
Lippincott ensures that the evidence-based education programs are worthy of the Lippincott name, the most trusted publisher of nursing content. Each program contains a series of e-courses, case studies, competency assessments, and/or tutorials delivered in easy-to-learn, interactive formats. The programs and accompanying testing modules help build nursing staff confidence as competency, skills, and performance improve. Pre- and Post-tests, embedded self-assessments, video, images, charts, and video clips add realism and improve information retention.
How does Lippincott Professional Development Collection function?
After an organization purchases access to the library of Lippincott Professional Development Collection:
- An educator or nurse manager can assign the program(s) and/or course(s) to the nursing staff. The nurse would see that the course was assigned and then be able to begin work on completing the course.
- If permitted, a nurse may choose to take an elective course. Elective courses are designated from the list of subscribed courses for the organization by the administrator.
What are some of the primary features of Lippincott Professional Development Collection?
- Multiple interactive course formats, including real life scenario-based question and answer courses, short mandatory training courses, and more
- Images, charts, and video clips add realism and improve information retention
- Audio supplements support on-screen information in many courses
- Embedded questions and answers in various programs encourage individual progress assessment
- Tests accompany every e-course
- Robust administrative capabilities are available to pre-set test completion requirements, passing scores, or disable the testing component
How many programs are available in Lippincott Professional Development Collection?
More than 20 programs are available in the Lippincott Professional Development Collection library today, and we continually add to it.
What are the formats for the knowledge check questions that appear throughout the courses?
Tests will utilize the following question types:
- Multiple-choice questions with one correct answer
- Multiple-choice questions with multiple correct answers
- True-or-false questions
- Questions that require answer sequencing
- Fill-in-the-blank questions
- Matching tests
- Identification of appropriate anatomical locations on images.
Will Lippincott Professional Development Collection integrate with my own learning management system?
Integration with your learning management system may be available. Contact a Lippincott Solutions sales representative for details.
Are Continuing Education credits available through Lippincott Professional Development Collection?
Yes, we are continually in the process of obtaining certification on those courses that are eligible for Continuing Education (CE) credits and will be able to offer CE to the nurses who successfully complete these courses and pass the test.
Are Lippincott Professional Development Collection Continuing Education credits available for non-nursing staff?
Lippincott Professional Development Collection courses are only accredited for continuing nursing education by the ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) Commission on Accreditation. The continuing education credit for these courses is not applicable towards non-nursing licensure, credentialing, or certifications.
Demonstration and Purchasing
What are the costs of Lippincott Professional Development Collection?
Institutional pricing depends on the size of the healthcare organization or educational institution. Subscriptions are available to purchase the entire library or select programs within the library.
Is Lippincott Professional Development Collection available for personal use?
Lippincott Professional Development Collection online courses are available for personal use and purchase. For individual purchases, please visit LWW.com or call 800-638-3030
Whom do I contact for more information about Lippincott Professional Development Collection?
E-mail Questions@LippincottSolutions.com or call a representative at 855-695-5070.